News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mentions

Started by wolf39us, May 13, 2016, 10:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf39us

I've added a mentions modification that will allow you to use the "@" symbol before a name.  This will send an email to the member and will notify them that you have mentioned them.

There is a menu under "profile" that will show all of your past mentions.

It is supposed to be able to auto fill the name for you as you are typing it in, but unfortunately it is not working right at the moment.  I will be working on that part of the mod soon.

For the time being, you need to spell the username properly

The problem has been solved and it is now auto filling!!
@Gerard @PickelledEggs

PickelledEggs

Awesome dude. Really awesome.

It shows a little notification and everything in the menu bar!

And it also shows you were mentioned in tapatalk

PickelledEggs

SoldierofFortune

Superb innovation @PickelledEggs

The Turkish Atheist forum http://www.ateistforum.org/ has a variant of this property.

When some user quotes you, the notification alerts in colour red which gets attention very much. The color red says ''i'm here.'' : )

I was thinking that you don't need to code. Forum's design facilitate these kind of changes.

wolf39us

See now that's something I'd like to do.

On one hand I don't want to change up the board software... on the other, SMF is really starting to fall behind the times!

PickelledEggs

That's pretty cool

PickelledEggs

Although, Don't thank me, @SoldierofFortune, Wolf deserves the credit lol

wolf39us

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 13, 2016, 04:07:35 PM
Although, Don't thank me, @SoldierofFortune, Wolf deserves the credit lol

Are the names auto filling for you?

PickelledEggs

@wolf39us

nope. not autofilling as of now. I did notice that you don't need to worry about capital letters or anything though.

wolf39us

@PickelledEggs Did me quoting you go under a mention?

PickelledEggs

It was before. I clicked this thread under "recent topics" though before I looked at the menu bar... lol Try again, @wolf39us

wolf39us

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 13, 2016, 04:25:37 PM
It was before. I clicked this thread under "recent topics" though before I looked at the menu bar... lol Try again, @wolf39us

Trying again!

SoldierofFortune

You are right @PickelledEggs

I would also thank him before i had posted, it was in my mind, but it was late. I could edit but my laziness...

Thanks @wolf39us.

You are, too, doing a lot to maintain this forum in service all round the world as a atheist sharing platform.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: wolf39us on May 13, 2016, 04:26:24 PM
Trying again!
Hmmm. didn't show up that time, but maybe because I unchecked "email notifications for mentions"?

PickelledEggs

Oh there we go. Maybe it was just a bit delayed @wolf39us got a notification