News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

New Motorcycle

Started by wolf39us, May 11, 2016, 06:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf39us

Just got off the phone with the dealer that I wanted to buy the bike from. He originally had a price of $6,401 but I managed to get a LITTLE bit off (I emphasize a little). $6,295 after trade in.

I mean... it's expensive, but it'll be brand new straight from the factory AND include ABS and the dealer is super close to me.

wolf39us

This is a slightly risky move for me as I've never ridden a sport bike.  I've ridden a Kymco Super 8 and a Honda Elite 110 and a Honda PCX150.  Not a fan of the step through design and really wanted to give motorcycles a go.

Given the reputation and overall satisfaction of many CBR owners, I feel think I will love the bike even though I haven't ridden one yet!

From what I read, it's an amazing beginner bike.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: wolf39us on May 11, 2016, 09:38:53 PM
So I hear!

Should be pretty n00b friendly too
noooooooooooooooooooooooooob

stromboli

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 12, 2016, 12:28:29 PM
noooooooooooooooooooooooooob

Yeah. Just remember you are invisible to practically everyone, and more horsepower means a harder impact and more broken bones. And you are never as skillful as you think you are.

wolf39us

Quote from: stromboli on May 12, 2016, 01:29:58 PM
Yeah. Just remember you are invisible to practically everyone, and more horsepower means a harder impact and more broken bones. And you are never as skillful as you think you are.

Luckily, I've never subscribed to the asshole riders society.  I don't lane split, I don't exceed the speed of traffic.  I just overall drive like a grandma lol

stromboli

well take care. You are too valuable to us to get hurt.

wolf39us

Thanks!

Put the deposit on it yesterday.  Just waiting on the shipment!

stromboli

Quote from: wolf39us on May 13, 2016, 09:13:04 AM
Thanks!

Put the deposit on it yesterday.  Just waiting on the shipment!

Btw Chris, who is that geezer in your Facebook picture? Is that what you are going to look like at my age? I'd worry about that. I personally studiously avoid mirrors.

wolf39us

Quote from: stromboli on May 13, 2016, 09:31:02 AM
Btw Chris, who is that geezer in your Facebook picture? Is that what you are going to look like at my age? I'd worry about that. I personally studiously avoid mirrors.

haha, that is my grandpa

AkiraTheFighter

Get it in Red or Black and It'll look more badass.

Flanker1Six

Quote from: wolf39us on May 12, 2016, 12:22:44 PM
This is a slightly risky move for me as I've never ridden a sport bike.  I've ridden a Kymco Super 8 and a Honda Elite 110 and a Honda PCX150.  Not a fan of the step through design and really wanted to give motorcycles a go.

Given the reputation and overall satisfaction of many CBR owners, I feel think I will love the bike even though I haven't ridden one yet!

From what I read, it's an amazing beginner bike.

Don't worry.  Like all vehicles........................it won't go any faster than you make it go.   I've owned a bunch of bikes over the years (Can Am Spyder RSS and ZX14 Ninja right now).  I've been in two high speed wreaks, and several medium to low speed wreaks.  They all had the same cause.............the asshole controlling the throttle.  Don't be me!

Good advice from the others on safety gear!  I'm staunchly anti helmet law, but I wear one religiously  :asmile:.  In 2012; I got hit in the right eyebrow by a robin sized bird while I was doing 60-65 mph.  Snapped my head back so hard; I was sure I was gonna have neck problems, but thankfully did not.  If I hadn't been wearing a full face helmet I probably would have went down, and ended up who knows what.  Had a tire thrown stone bounce off my face shield that year too.........

Boots, gloves, and jacket are big plusses too, if you're not already wearing/own them! 

Anyway...............have fun and be safe!   

wolf39us

@akirathefighter haha, I was going to get red but ultimately decided on the white:  unfortunately the red didn't come in an ABS model.

@Flanker1Six those are some crazy stories man! 

I drive like a grandma and don't do anything crazy.  Also, I am fully geared head to toe!

stromboli

For those who don't ride dirt bikes......

3 things are guaranteed to happen, sooner or later.

You will become airborne without the bike

You will be impaled by something

You will wind up with the bike on top of you and nobody around to pull it off of you.

Trust me. I've learned the hard way.  :biggrin:

hrdlr110

Blue gl1800 is my old bike.
Roadmaster was a 3 day test ride.
Dark horse is my next bike.
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

hrdlr110

Hmm....but only one photo came though?
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts