News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

New Motorcycle

Started by wolf39us, May 11, 2016, 06:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf39us

So I'm about to trade in my old bike Honda PCX 150 2013 and purchasing this beauty...

It'll be a pretty penny, and I'm paying cash. 

Honda CBR500R with ABS.  Will be my first motorcycle!

Shiranu

Nice :D. The CBR is a great line of bikes from what I have seen.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

stromboli

PickelledEggs

Quote from: stromboli on May 11, 2016, 07:24:29 PM
Wear a helmet.
quoted for extra emphasis.

Have fun with it, though!! I might want to get one myself soon, once my union gig falls in to place and I save some cash

aitm

bah….a helmet only separates death from a vegetative state. Live or die…the middle looks like it really sucks.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

hrdlr110

Ride like you're invisible!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

wolf39us

wolf39us

Quote from: Shiranu on May 11, 2016, 06:57:50 PM
Nice :D. The CBR is a great line of bikes from what I have seen.

So I hear!

Should be pretty n00b friendly too

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: aitm on May 11, 2016, 07:44:10 PM
bah….a helmet only separates death from a vegetative state. Live or die…the middle looks like it really sucks.

"While motorcycle helmets reduce the incidence of head trauma in low-speed accidents, at moderate and high speeds their sole function is to prevent brain matter from being spread over the highway."

M., D. M., & J., D. M. (2001). Forensic pathology (2nd ed.). Boca Raton: CRC Press.

Page 302 if you ever get your hands on the hard back copy.

Honestly, if you have a dark and dry sense of humor, like say a forensics student, then reading through the book will make you laugh like hell at all the snarky sentences.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

stromboli

Quote from: aitm on May 11, 2016, 07:44:10 PM

I've scraped dead riders off the road and hauled live ones in an ambulance. The dead ones didn't have helmets, the live ones did. A dude I went to U of U with got in an accident at low speed, dumped his bike and hit his head against a curb- wearing a helmet. He bitched about the fact that the helmet was split down the middle. I politely pointed out to him that without the helmet that would have been his skull.

Wear a fucking helmet.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: stromboli on May 11, 2016, 10:11:06 PM
I've scraped dead riders off the road and hauled live ones in an ambulance. The dead ones didn't have helmets, the live ones did. A dude I went to U of U with got in an accident at low speed, dumped his bike and hit his head against a curb- wearing a helmet. He bitched about the fact that the helmet was split down the middle. I politely pointed out to him that without the helmet that would have been his skull.

Wear a fucking helmet.
A good friend of mine died in a skateboarding accident due to a head injury. No helmet.

The Skeletal Atheist

On a more positive note, I'd rather have an old style Harley. I want a bike that hates the fact that I'm trying to ride it.

stromboli

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on May 11, 2016, 10:20:19 PM
On a more positive note, I'd rather have an old style Harley. I want a bike that hates the fact that I'm trying to ride it.

Lol. Never been a Harley guy. Like dirt bikes and Adventure Touring bikes. If my situation was different, I'd be on one and gone all the time. One of my possible projects is to build a bike from a Honda XR650. I tried to kick start a Harley once. Don't.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: stromboli on May 11, 2016, 10:34:30 PM
Lol. Never been a Harley guy. Like dirt bikes and Adventure Touring bikes. If my situation was different, I'd be on one and gone all the time. One of my possible projects is to build a bike from a Honda XR650. I tried to kick start a Harley once. Don't.
I'm mainly into Harley because I grew up with it. My dad is ex Hells Angel, he had to move from the midwest top the south to get out. He was fine with roughing guys up, but drew the line when they asked him to kill.

That being said, I've met more than a few 1 percenters in my day. Oddly nice people as long as you're respectful, but you kind of get a sick feeling thinking of what they've probably done. Same with the Bloods and Crips I met.

stromboli

I had to get a job after getting married and switched from my English degree to welding school for 6 months to get  certified and get a job. Another reason it took me 7 years to get my degree. 3 guys I was in with were in some gang, I forget which. One had a beautiful bike, a Knucklehead. He was maybe 140 pounds soaking wet, a Karate expert and worked as a bouncer. Definitely didn't look the part. One day he challenged me to kick start the bike- about one sprained ankle and six tries later I gave up on it. Something about a "compression release" or something.... Little dude could start it in 2 cranks. At the time I weighed about 200.

I got to know them well enough to learn one of them-aka "Fat Frank" who was a big dude with a very pretty wife- was wanted in California for something, and I know they all had pistols on them all the time. Pretty sure Frank killed someone, but they would never admit to that. Frank had a shop in his garage that was to die for- he could rebuild engines and had a TIG welder in his garage, for fucks sake. Very impressive guy.