News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why Do Humans Have Big Butts?

Started by drunkenshoe, May 10, 2016, 06:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PickelledEggs

Without watching the video yet, I can tell you it's obviously because we're one of the most honest species of the planet

Unbeliever

Cheetahs run...why don't they have big butts? :headscratch:
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Nonsensei

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 10, 2016, 06:15:11 PM

They run using 4 legs instead of 2.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 10, 2016, 06:09:48 PM
Without watching the video yet, I can tell you it's obviously because we're one of the most honest species of the planet

I didn't get the joke.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Unbeliever

God Not Found

AllPurposeAtheist

I don't run well anymore which is why I have a large wallet and usually keep my cell phone in my other hip pocket.
This fools other predators into thinking that I do run well still.. I evolved to keep too much crap in my wallet..
And just to give you all butt envy my butt looks like a couple of 2x4s someone threw spackling at. ..maybe slightly warm jelly..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Butts are where early man, like the San people until recently, store water in a dry climate.  This is why men like big butts on women ... they car carry their own water supply better.  Large hips (incorrectly) indicate a large birth canal, hence likelihood to survive giving birth.  In San people, the women can detect water underground thru their superior sense of smell ... much more useful than detecting a hard pea under a lot of mattresses.  This enables them to detect water bearing roots like yams.  Men in the state of nature, are good runners, but this is incidental to the OP.  The San men simply run game to death.  This is easily done by modern man with cotton-tail rabbits ... their hearts give out before you do.  No other species is capable of running an ultra marathon, humans can take out gazelle without all the cat claws and jaws.  San men would hunt with bow and arrows, this is to make the animal run out of steam sooner thru blood loss, so it is less work bringing it back to camp.  The actual arrow wound usually wasn't fatal.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SilentFutility

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 10, 2016, 06:27:17 PM
I didn't get the joke.

According to Sir Mixalot in the song Baby Got Back, he likes big butts and he cannot lie, hence the humorous association with big butts to honesty.

drunkenshoe

Unbeliever

Hey, don't feel bad for not getting it, I didn't either. That's why I thought of Lopan!
God Not Found

Draconic Aiur

So Drunken shoe is this from personal experience?

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 10, 2016, 06:15:11 PM

They also have tails.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

stromboli

I don't have a big butt, yet I run. And bicycle. Am I not human?  :huh: