Yahweh creates evil, then drowns creation for it!

Started by 21CIconoclast, May 10, 2016, 03:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21CIconoclast

Christians, whats the latest spin doctoring on your Yahweh god not being a brutal and horrific serial killer as explicitly shown herein?

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and I create evil, I the LORD do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7)

"Shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?" (Amos 3:6)

The reason that the Hebrew Christian god Yahweh, of which is one of many BCE gods in this era, decides to drown the entire world accept Noah and family, is because his creation are evil and unworthy of existence (Genesis 6:5). The irony is that Yahweh created evil in the first place as shown above in the passages in question. Yahweh is also omniscient (1 John 3:20) , therefore he knew his creation would falter and he would have to kill them, therefore Christians and Jews worship a god that is Schizophrenic!

"Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. The LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. The LORD said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them." (Genesis 6:5-7)

Christians, can an innocent zygote and fetus ever be evil enough where they need to be destroyed within their mothers womb by your Yahweh god? Can a baby really be evil where they need to die a horrible death by hopelessly treading water in Yahweh’s flood for hours as they cry out in horror to their mothers;  as their muscles burned due to large amounts of lactic acid production. Where once they finally give up, they went under, and held their breaths, acidic carbon dioxide eroded their lungs until the unbearable pain forced them to inhale where there was no air for them to breathe. All the while, the ever loving and forgiving Yahweh god is watching.

Then the water brought into their little lungs robbed their little bodies of oxygen, causing them to go numb. As water violently rushed in and out of their little chests, it finally laid their heavily breathing and slowly dying bodies to the bottom of the ocean as the inhaled water caused their lungs to tear and bleed profusely. All the while, the ever loving and forgiving Yahweh god is watching.

As their blood supply dwindled, their innocent hearts slowly came to a halt. Even so, their brains continued to process information for another couple of minutes. They were patently aware that death was imminent, yet they could do nothing to prevent it. We can only imagine that their final thoughts would have been on what they did to deserve such horrific treatment and death. All the while, the ever loving and forgiving Yahweh god is watching.

Yahweh is the god concept that Christians want to promote to others so they too can become worshippers to a serial killer god going into the 21st century, makes sense, doesn't it?

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”

reasonist

And what have the animals done to deserve to be punished by drowning? Sinners all! Very bad design indeed.
The flood story is about 5,000 years old, same script, different actors. None of the apologists was able to explain that. Must be Yahweh was just lazy and copied it all. That's why he needed to 'rest' on the 7th day. Omnipotence can be exhausting.
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

Blackleaf

Basically, God creates imperfect beings and then regrets making imperfect beings (because apparently a god living outside of time can change his mind), and instead of scrapping everything and starting from scratch, decides to let one family of imperfect beings to live so that they could fill the world yet again with imperfect beings. Makes perfect sense. Almost as much sense as the time he brought down the Tower of Babel and divided the world's ONLY language because he was worried that we'd actually reach Heaven with it.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

21CIconoclast

Blackleaf,

YOUR QUOTE: (because apparently a god living outside of time can change his mind)

Any Christian, that actually reads their bible, would call you on this one because the inspired word of Yahweh god states; to wit: "God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?" (Numbers 23:19)

Relative to this passage above, then there is the problem of when Yahweh obviously lied to his Jewish creation in the Old Testament because he changed his mind and created a New Testament.  Another roller coaster ride for the pseudo-christian to ponder as they frantically page through their apologetic books, but there're used to it.

21CIconoclast

Where is Randy Carson to give us the latest apologetic spin doctoring to his serial killer Yahweh god drowning his creation?  The pseudo-christian like Randy always run from these disturbing narratives. I know, whats new?

Blackleaf

Quote from: 21CIconoclast on May 11, 2016, 02:32:30 PM
Where is Randy Carson to give us the latest apologetic spin doctoring to his serial killer Yahweh god drowning his creation?  The pseudo-christian like Randy always run from these disturbing narratives. I know, whats new?

He's already in virtually every other thread in this subforum. Why do you want him to dominate our discussions here too? IMO, we need one of two things:

1. More Christians to offer us some variety (and take some of the load off of Randy).

2. A break from Randy.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

21CIconoclast

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 11, 2016, 02:44:42 PM

YOUR QUOTE: "He's already in virtually every other thread in this sub forum. Why do you want him to dominate our discussions here too? IMO, we need one of two things:"

To answer your question, to easily make him the fool for accepting the thinking of the Bronze and Iron Age.  Yes, there is a reason he is steering clear of this thread, and that is to save embarrassment regarding his Yahweh gods inspired word.

widdershins

Quote from: 21CIconoclast on May 10, 2016, 04:40:20 PM
Blackleaf,

YOUR QUOTE: (because apparently a god living outside of time can change his mind)

Any Christian, that actually reads their bible, would call you on this one because the inspired word of Yahweh god states; to wit: "God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?" (Numbers 23:19)

Relative to this passage above, then there is the problem of when Yahweh obviously lied to his Jewish creation in the Old Testament because he changed his mind and created a New Testament.  Another roller coaster ride for the pseudo-christian to ponder as they frantically page through their apologetic books, but there're used to it.
The Bible is literally filled with examples of God changing his mind, usually persuaded by some argument made by the devout.  Originally, for instance, he was going to destroy everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah.  But Abraham talked him down.  And Job was leading a blessed life because of his devotion to the Lord.  But then Satan marched up to the throne and made a bet with him so God said, "I'm going to kill everyone you know" and that was that.  On a bet!  WITH SATAN!

What's more, God also has "regrets", which is a little odd for a deity who knew how things would turn out before he did them.  He regretted that he made man at all in Genesis and regretted that he made Saul king in 1 Samuel.

Because we are imperfect it is generally considered to be IMPOSSIBLE for us to live a life without sin.  In fact, we are born into sin.  And we are damned to an eternity of torture (by most Christian religions) if we do not beg forgiveness for this sin.  So, we need to beg forgiveness for any sin we might have committed AND it is impossible for us not to have sinned.  Essentially we need to beg forgiveness for not doing that which is NOT POSSIBLE for us to do.  We need to beg forgiveness from God for being EXACTLY what God made us.  We need to beg forgiveness for our own creation from he who created us, it would seem.

But, yeah, it all makes perfect sense.  I mean, as an atheist I, of course, know God exists.  Who doesn't?  I just deny him because I don't want to do what he says to do, which is...not that much different from what I do now, really.  I mean, I would have to not kill people or rape dogs, but I think I can handle that.  It actually shouldn't be too hard since I don't do those things anyway and never had any intention of starting.  But still, I really don't want to do what God wants me to do, to not kill people or rape dogs, which I don't do anyway.  So, yeah, as an atheist I know God exists, of course, as we all do.  We just choose to deny him because it's just so damned hard because, though we don't kill people or rape dogs and have no desire to do so anyway (most of us...I hope) we really aren't ready to actually commit to that stance.  What if I want to kill people or rape dogs in the future?  I can't lock myself into that kind of restrictive lifestyle!
This sentence is a lie...

reasonist

Quote from: 21CIconoclast on May 11, 2016, 03:14:35 PM
Quote from: Blackleaf on May 11, 2016, 02:44:42 PM

YOUR QUOTE: "He's already in virtually every other thread in this sub forum. Why do you want him to dominate our discussions here too? IMO, we need one of two things:"

To answer your question, to easily make him the fool for accepting the thinking of the Bronze and Iron Age.  Yes, there is a reason he is steering clear of this thread, and that is to save embarrassment regarding his Yahweh gods inspired word.

Nuh, he'll be back spreading his trash. He is a masochist, he likes abuse. When your head is that far up your ass, nothing registers anymore, nothing bothers you. Especially not the truth. People like him will never admit that they are wrong by any standard of a rational discourse. They can't. It's like religious clergy. They know their gig is up but can't stop. They know nothing else, complete failures in life, religion is the only refuge they have left. It makes a good living for many con artists out there. Selling an invisible product is good business. This won't stop until people lose their fear of death. And that won't happen anytime soon. Carson is a prime example of deluded wish thinking. "If I only repeat it often enough, I can make it so."
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

Unbeliever

Quote from: reasonist on May 10, 2016, 03:20:28 PM
And what have the animals done to deserve to be punished by drowning? Sinners all! Very bad design indeed.
The flood story is about 5,000 years old, same script, different actors. None of the apologists was able to explain that. Must be Yahweh was just lazy and copied it all. That's why he needed to 'rest' on the 7th day. Omnipotence can be exhausting.
Flood may have been caused by the Black Sea being inundated by the Mediterranean Sea.

No God needed.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

aitm

Obviously you misunderstand the babble, surely Randy will be along to correct your misunderstanding as much as they have done for the last two millennia whenever presented with unfortunate or disproven quackery.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

There is a long history of some Catholics being flagellants.  Some Shia Muslims too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Randy Carson

Quote from: 21CIconoclast on May 11, 2016, 02:32:30 PM

Your request for the "latest apologetics spin" suggests that you are already familiar with the "old apologetics spin" Christians have offered in the past.

Do you suspect apologists have come up with something new? And have you understood what they already told you well enough to restate it in your own words?
Some barrels contain fish that need to be shot.

Hijiri Byakuren

I have no idea what this thread is about, so I'll just leave this here.

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel