News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Organ Removal

Started by gentle_dissident, May 09, 2016, 02:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gentle_dissident

I've been jamming and writing with a new feller. He's the harmony in this quick take.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5bw5p5qybyu0ikp/I+Don't+Mind.mp3
MediaFire isn't giving the option to listen to MP3s. I know it's a bit of extra effort to download an MP3 1st. Anyone know a general cloud service that will play MP3s?  For free?

EDIT: It sounds better without the organ.
https://soundcloud.com/user8941760/i-dont-mind/s-kOilC

It's easier to get the text from my host with a screen capture.

Johan

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Johan

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Johan on May 09, 2016, 06:37:33 AM
https://soundcloud.com/
I need a general cloud service like 4shared that doesn't make the listener sign up to stream. MediaFire used to be like that.

Thank you for listening to our work in progress.

Johan

I don't believe the listener is required to have an account to listen to soundcloud streaming.

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Johan on May 09, 2016, 10:51:49 PM
I don't believe the listener is required to have an account to listen to soundcloud streaming.
You're correct. I'm looking for a general cloud service like Mediafire, and not a music sharing site.

Johan

Mmmmkaaayyyyy..... I guess I don't know what your definition of a general cloud service is. You were asking for a place in the cloud that will play mp3s without requiring listeners to download them or sign up for an account and will do it for free. Soundcloud ticks those boxes for me just fine. It will allow you to keep your songs private if you like so only those you give access to will be able to hear them. I guess I'm not seeing what the difference is?

I've also got a box.com account which I use when I have to share files that are too large to email. I believe box will allow recipients to play mp3s without having to download the file or have a sign in. I'm not sure you'd be able to post a streaming link to a forum like this from box though. It might do that, I just don't know because I never tried because whenever I wanted to post a link on forum like this I just used soundclo.... nevermind.

gentle_dissident

gentle_dissident

The file's been downloaded 11 times. That's more than I expected. Any thoughts on the lyrics?

gentle_dissident

Dropbox has a player.
https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=I+Don%27t+Mind.mp3

It's easier to get the text from my host with a screen capture.

Johan

Linky no worky. It takes me to a dropbox sign in screen. When I sign in, I get my own drop box, not your file. Unless your mp3 is actually so avant guard that it looks just like spreadsheets with VIN numbers for company trailers purchased last year.

gentle_dissident

Wow, it does the same to me when I'm signed out. I really don't want to fill Soundcloud with less than demo material. I also like being able to upload stems with the music.

Johan

Isn't that what soundcloud is filled with now?
Quote from: gentle_dissident on May 12, 2016, 07:30:40 PM
I really don't want to fill Soundcloud with less than demo material.
I'm afraid that ship has already sailed. There is a metric shit ton of less than demo material on soundcloud and every other public use media platform these days. But I think that's a good thing. The more people we have who aren't afraid to create and post today, the more great artists we end up with tomorrow.

Besides, you can make any file private, so only those with a link can find it.

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Johan on May 12, 2016, 08:04:10 PM
Isn't that what soundcloud is filled with now?I'm afraid that ship has already sailed. There is a metric shit ton of less than demo material on soundcloud and every other public use media platform these days. But I think that's a good thing. The more people we have who aren't afraid to create and post today, the more great artists we end up with tomorrow.
Yes I agree, but that's not way I want to do it. I want to keep my Sound/Mixcloud clean for me. That dance mix I composed on Mixcloud is presentable. I want to keep the parts of works in progress on general file storage sites. I can have lyrics, archives, etc associated with projects all together. In the event that I can fulfill my dream of collaborating with people, this is how we'll keep organized. The guy I'm collaborating with now is about 180 from me,  but at least I'm collaborating. People say they want to jam, and then they disappear. The last guy who vanished was a Pentecostal evangelist. That's how desperate I am to find people to play with.

Johan

I hear you. The only reason I started buying guitars is because I got tired of the guitarists I knew constantly saying yeah I'll put some guitar on that song for you and then never following through. I think it would be nice to collaborate with others once in a while, but I've pretty much given up on the idea. I think part of it is most people just really don't 'get' the stuff I write. And the other part is that they're people and people kind of suck. But I'm alright with other people not getting my stuff. I don't write it for them, I write it for me.