News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Donald Stands Alone

Started by stromboli, May 03, 2016, 10:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: reasonist on May 06, 2016, 03:21:39 PMI am sure the American voters are smarter than voting for a demagogue mouthpiece.
I hope so, too.  But you never know.  We did have W, after all.

QuoteWithout sounding condescending, I am glad to be Canadian. We got a lot of shit on our plate too, but the bar in this (your) election contest has been set very low. The language and the personal attacks don't bode well for the position of the most powerful politician on the Planet. Just sayin'... as a foreigner.
Yeah, I know.  Believe me, I wouldn't put this guy in charge of an eraser, let alone a country.  But it's a two-party system.  And the frontrunners of each party are pretty much guaranteed ~40% of the vote.  Elections hinge on just a few percentage points per state and voter turnout is low.  So, it's going to be a close one.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 06, 2016, 07:06:48 PM
I hope so, too.  But you never know.  We did have W, after all.

Yeah----and twice, too! 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

_Xenu_

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 06, 2016, 07:08:03 PM
Yeah----and twice, too! 
In all fairness, he only won once.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Mike Cl

Quote from: _Xenu_ on May 06, 2016, 07:21:17 PM
In all fairness, he only won once.
There was no fairness in that!  But to the woe of our country and the world, he did serve twice.  Now he needs to serve his time in prison.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Flanker1Six

Quote from: stromboli on May 03, 2016, 11:42:46 PM
the Evangelicals either weren't influential enough or behind him in sufficient numbers to bring about his nomination. The takeaway from this for me is that the fundies are losing ground, and this is proof that their power in politics is (hopefully) waning.

Aaaaaahhhhh yes.......................the Thumpers.   Now I remember the chief reason I bailed on the GOP in '08.  No room for social liberals like me anymore. It (their waning power) is indeed sad; once they were ascendant; now they're just despondent.......................but, nothin' a good Jumpin' fer Jezus session couldn't fix; I'll wager!   

FYI: In case any of you would like to join me in applying to Don for VP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrxI1n9G0UE

After reading the first page of this thread; I detected a curious note of the Hunter Thompson Syndrome (aka Fear and Loathing); in several of the well thought out and heartfelt posts; for the prospect of a Trump Candidacy/Presidency.  Verging on despair really; in a couple of instances.  You know there actually is a reasonable alternative to the now disintegrated GOP, and those We Want Free Treats clowns in the Other Party.   :asmile:

It's been the third largest party in the US for more than 25 years now.   It's long past time for both the Elephants and Donkeys to be relegated to history.  And.....................I'll throw in a bag of candy if you'll get in the car with us!   :santasleigh:

Hydra009

Speaking of W, he says he won't support Trump (and neither will Jeb).  You have to be pretty horrible to not be on good terms with that slimeball.  But Cheney offered his support.  Let's hope he doesn't offer to help the Donald find his running mate.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 06, 2016, 07:52:52 PM
Speaking of W, he says he won't support Trump (and neither will Jeb).  You have to be pretty horrible to not be on good terms with that slimeball.  But Cheney offered his support.  Let's hope he doesn't offer to help the Donald find his running mate.
Lets hope it is not Cheney.

Johan

I have a confession. Deep down I secretly hope Trump wins. I hope he wins and I hope he is actually able to do the things he claims he will do.

There is a really sick part of me that is in love with the thought of all of those racist white trash supporters spending the next four years waking up every morning to the harsh reality that not only does their messiah not love and adore them and only them, he actually doesn't give the slightest little itty bitty fuck about any of them.

And, should he actually be able to accomplish the things he claims he will do, I relish the thought of standing in the super market and watching each and every one of those idiots walk through the vegetable isle demanding to know why onions are $10 each just so I can calmly explain that 'well you won't work for less than $25 an hour Jethro so what the fuck did you think was going to happen when you got rid of all the migrant labor you fucking moron?'

Yeah, I have issues.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Mike Cl

Quote from: Johan on May 06, 2016, 08:59:10 PM
I have a confession. Deep down I secretly hope Trump wins. I hope he wins and I hope he is actually able to do the things he claims he will do.

There is a really sick part of me that is in love with the thought of all of those racist white trash supporters spending the next four years waking up every morning to the harsh reality that not only does their messiah not love and adore them and only them, he actually doesn't give the slightest little itty bitty fuck about any of them.

And, should he actually be able to accomplish the things he claims he will do, I relish the thought of standing in the super market and watching each and every one of those idiots walk through the vegetable isle demanding to know why onions are $10 each just so I can calmly explain that 'well you won't work for less than $25 an hour Jethro so what the fuck did you think was going to happen when you got rid of all the migrant labor you fucking moron?'

Yeah, I have issues.
There is a small part of me that supports you in that thought.  And I mean small.  But revenge has always turned to ashes for me--so why would this be any different?

gentle_dissident

Johan

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 06, 2016, 09:08:14 PM
There is a small part of me that supports you in that thought.  And I mean small.  But revenge has always turned to ashes for me--so why would this be any different?
It wouldn't be. Not even a little. I never claimed to have our best interests in mind. :wink:
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Mike Cl

Quote from: Johan on May 06, 2016, 10:25:06 PM
It wouldn't be. Not even a little. I never claimed to have our best interests in mind. :wink:
:)

Baruch

Quote from: Johan on May 06, 2016, 08:59:10 PM

Yeah, I have issues.

Why do you think you are entitled to $1 onions instead of $10 onions?  Do you read The Onion?  Why do you think you are entitled to exploit foreign labor, both at home and abroad?  Why do you think it is OK to make laws, and then turn a blind eye to them?  Of course maybe the particular laws are crap .. but maybe in your self righteousness (I feel this emotion too) you think you are special, that the laws don't need to apply to you or to apply to some protected group.  I happen to be pro-Hispanic, but I don't care for drug gangs.  I want some laws, and for the laws to be enforced, but I don't want to go all Medieval on people.

Or do you hate that the majority of Americans don't live in San Francisco, read Karl Marx, and have gay relationships?  There are times when my hatred of my fellow Americans is intense, so I am not being hypocritical about this.  There was an occasion in the distant past, when I hated my employer, and wanted them to fail.  And I got a real thrill, then they did fail and fail big ... that was roughly about things that I thought were lacking that should have been noticed and corrected by management.  I got an evil laugh out of that failure.  Though I realize now, that was wrong.  Because it was ego, about me being better than everyone else, in spite of my humble position.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Baruch on May 06, 2016, 11:16:00 PM
Why do you think you are entitled to $1 onions instead of $10 onions?  Do you read The Onion?  Why do you think you are entitled to exploit foreign labor, both at home and abroad?  Why do you think it is OK to make laws, and then turn a blind eye to them?  Of course maybe the particular laws are crap .. but maybe in your self righteousness (I feel this emotion too) you think you are special, that the laws don't need to apply to you or to apply to some protected group.  I happen to be pro-Hispanic, but I don't care for drug gangs.  I want some laws, and for the laws to be enforced, but I don't want to go all Medieval on people.

Or do you hate that the majority of Americans don't live in San Francisco, read Karl Marx, and have gay relationships?  There are times when my hatred of my fellow Americans is intense, so I am not being hypocritical about this.  There was an occasion in the distant past, when I hated my employer, and wanted them to fail.  And I got a real thrill, then they did fail and fail big ... that was roughly about things that I thought were lacking that should have been noticed and corrected by management.  I got an evil laugh out of that failure.  Though I realize now, that was wrong.  Because it was ego, about me being better than everyone else, in spite of my humble position.

And I thought Johan had issues.

Baruch

Quote from: gentle_dissident on May 07, 2016, 12:17:47 AM
And I thought Johan had issues.

This is a political string.  I have no reason to give liberals or conservatives any slack.  But I have some of the same feelings as Johan ... when I am hating ... because at times I hate too.  Commiseration.  But maybe with a 12 step group for people who hate people ... we can get better ;-)  I am different from pr126, but not entirely different.  Are you entirely different?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.