News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Donald Stands Alone

Started by stromboli, May 03, 2016, 10:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: stromboli on May 04, 2016, 08:55:08 AM
Cruz represented something specific, a Dominionist with biblical aspirations. Donald has no specific agenda other than pushing the buttons that make his set group, the white "majority" (which no longer exists) flock to his banner. If the unions gather behind Hillary along with people not of the white fold, feminists and certainly Hispanics, Hillary can win.

We shall see. Much left to be settled. but don't count The Donald out, flim flam still sells in the U. S. 

Therein lies the major issue; Hillary (and the Democrats) are somewhat reliant on demographics that do not historically bother to vote. And with a candidate as "meh" as Hillary... I just don't see her pulling in these potential voters as well as Obama did thanks to actually being relatable.

Say what you want about the people Trump votes for, but (for the worst) they at least get out and vote come election day and that is the single most important thing in an election, and I don't think he has done enough to scare Democrats into actually showing up and voting.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

_Xenu_

John Kasich has dropped out of the race. Its over, Trump wins the Republican nomination.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/05/us/politics/john-kasich.html?_r=0
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

SGOS

I'm noticing that the last two dropouts were identified as suspended.  I wonder if that's to keep their foot in the door for some kind of inner party power play?

Munch

The religious lunatic is out of the race, now all america had to look forward to is age of the money hording tycoon.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Absurd Atheist

With Kasich dropping Republicans are backing Hilary now, in desperation. Trump may have destroyed the GOP but if he's elected for 4 years and wrecks America as well, then the Republicans will be history. They'd much prefer a conservative Democrat to win the Presidency and for them to have a chance next cycle. I also expect possibly a last ditch party move to try and upset Trump. The Donald on the other hand is prepping out happily against Hilary and skipping his way to the middle of the field, and encouraging Bernie to run as an independent to siphon votes away from Hilary. Many Sanders supporters won't vote for Hilary and may even give a vote to Donald if he plays his cards right. I see his victory when Sanders fails, and America will deserve every second of having Donald Trump for President.
"To have faith is to lose your mind and to win God."
-The Sickness unto Death - 1849

Mermaid

Fuck me. Donald Trump won the nomination.

I never thought I'd say those words in that order.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

stromboli

Shit just gets weirder. The very idea that Republicans can even consider siding with a female Democrat is Apocalyptic. Might have to move into that cave after all......

Nonsensei

Quote from: SGOS on May 04, 2016, 06:06:38 PM
I'm noticing that the last two dropouts were identified as suspended.  I wonder if that's to keep their foot in the door for some kind of inner party power play?

They always say they have suspended their campaigns. Its fancy political lingo for "i got my ass beat"
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Unbeliever

It seems the kabuki theater gets more exciting every time this election thingy comes around...

:jamband: :jamband: :jamband: :jamband:

:bounce8:  :bounce8:
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

The world reacts to Trump nomination

QuoteIn Germany, conservative Die Welt says "the craziest US presidential election campaign begins", and that "the unthinkable has come to pass".
And Germany knows a thing or two about election mistakes.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 04, 2016, 07:54:08 PM
The world reacts to Trump nomination
And Germany knows a thing or two about election mistakes.

The US equivalent was actually in 2000.  In 1932 Hitler won the most votes, but it was Hindenburg who made him Chancellor.  In 2000 Shrub didn't even get the most votes, but the SCOTUS made him President.  Then the burning of the Reichstag aka 9/11.

I wish the rest of the world would fear the US.  We need to dump most of the rest of the world, except for a few raw materials.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Hopefully this is the last time we'll have to see Cruz's ugly phizzog.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman