Women, Here's Something Else to Worry About: Resting Bitch Face

Started by SGOS, May 03, 2016, 10:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 05, 2016, 01:46:24 AM
I wish I did,lol.

Wait, isn't that Vivien Leigh? Anyway, I am not good with old hollywood stars, I wouldn't know.
I'm not either. My feelings toward celebrities is unless they knock on my door and offer me a few million bucks I could really care less about them..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

drunkenshoe

If you are not extremely beautiful or handsome; hot or a celebrity I don't see why anyone needs to have a facial expression of the sort to push people. As those circumstances are very rare, resting bitch face is something we 'learn' rather than we develop, imo. Looking cool and hard to get. :lol: Without even realising it. When somebody looks and acts that way constantly the first thing I think is that how self absorbed they must be. If you think everybody is out to get you or hit on you...lol, you have a problem.

I'm trying to be conscious about my facial expression and smile as often as I can when there is reason. I got much much better, but I really don't know how I look from outside most times and it turns out I can look/sounds very serious when I am light and goofy. I don't get that because to me I can't hide my emotions and feelings about anything. Well it is not worth it, it eats up your energy and affects people interacting with you negatively for no reason.

But yeah, there are ocassions that calls for it which is another matter.

I know it is not fashionable, but I really don't hate anyone until they do or say something bigotic or harmful in general.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PickelledEggs

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 05, 2016, 01:49:13 AM
I'm not either. My feelings toward celebrities is unless they knock on my door and offer me a few million bucks I could really care less about them..
Same. I don't get star struck...  Like...  Ever.

I saw Chris Hardwick in a Starbucks and chatted with him like it was nothing. This is someone that had a (small)  role in terminator 3 and hosts @midnight on comedy central as well as The Talking Dead and a few other things. I played catch with the lead singer of Tesla....  It just doesn't do anything for me. People are just people.

Actually, the only time I got star struck was when I met this cosplayer, Monika Lee....  But I think that's because I have a huge crush on her.

-Sent from your mom

Shiranu

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 05, 2016, 01:46:24 AM
I wish I did,lol.

Wait, isn't that Vivien Leigh? Anyway, I am not good with old hollywood stars, I wouldn't know.

I think that is Leigh.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

I think a very little minority of people -very young people for example- actually get star stuck, no? It's hard to believe anyone literally going head over heals to see a celeb on a street.

It's mostly the exaggeration of media I think. How fans went morbid crazy over a boy or a girl...etc. It's not real.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

FinalSomnia

I hate the people I know with "Actual Bitch Face." Cuz they're cunts.
Heaven is no more than a carrot on a string at the end of a tunnel; Hell is no more than a gunbarrel at the back of your head.  When we are good people for the sake of being good people, we\'ll have no further use for religion.

Hijiri Byakuren

I used to work with a gal who had this type of face. She gets around it by just putting on a smile all the time. I actually didn't believe her at first, but then she dropped into a neutral expression to prove it. I thought she was just putting on an angry face, so she went the extra mile and put on an actual angry face. I still have nightmares about it to this day.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 05, 2016, 02:26:07 AM
I think a very little minority of people -very young people for example- actually get star stuck, no? It's hard to believe anyone literally going head over heals to see a celeb on a street.

It's mostly the exaggeration of media I think. How fans went morbid crazy over a boy or a girl...etc. It's not real.
I feel like that's a no. I think younger people are pretty easily star struck...

-Sent from your mom

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on May 05, 2016, 08:13:19 AM
I used to work with a gal who had this type of face. She gets around it by just putting on a smile all the time. I actually didn't believe her at first, but then she dropped into a neutral expression to prove it. I thought she was just putting on an angry face, so she went the extra mile and put on an actual angry face. I still have nightmares about it to this day.

It's pretty amazing for me how people control their facial expression like that. How do they do it? Wouldn't that require constant awareness and endless effort when it's constant?

The most important point is that I don't get how they know the exact facial expression of themselves -when it is genuine- matching a certain emotion when they move their muscles, so to call it when they need it?

Do most talented actors even have that self recognition about their exact facial expressions and reactions? Emotions are rarely one sided. When you are angry, you can also be sad, desperate and I dunno let's say...jealous or all of them at once. Are they practising in front of a mirror for hours?

It's creepy. No, scratch that, it is right down scary actually. May be, it is a special talent of its own?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 05, 2016, 08:21:31 AM
I feel like that's a no. I think younger people are pretty easily star struck...

-Sent from your mom

I said the same thing. 

PickelledEggs

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 05, 2016, 08:39:14 AM
I said the same thing.
Ohhh. Yeah I read that wrong. I just woke up, cut me some slack lol

-Sent from your mom

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 05, 2016, 08:42:59 AM
Ohhh. Yeah I read that wrong. I just woke up, cut me some slack lol

-Sent from your mom

Just responded to your post. :lol: Didn't mean to sound grumpy.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 05, 2016, 09:05:52 AM
Just responded to your post.[emoji38]Didn't mean to sound grumpy.
I'm grumpy. Lol. I will be all day because I'm running on no sleep so I can reset my sleep schedule for this weekend

-Sent from your mom

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 05, 2016, 09:07:56 AM
I'm grumpy. Lol. I will be all day because I'm running on no sleep so I can reset my sleep schedule for this weekend

-Sent from your mom

Working on a commision?