News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello everyone

Started by Xenohaz, March 26, 2013, 04:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenohaz

Hi, figured I should introduce myself.  I'm in California, USA.  I'm agnostic (formerly Christian) at the moment, but I'm not confident that it is going to stay that way.  Here's me:

Christian

Questioning Christianity

Agnostic

Questioning God in general (me)

Atheist

Anyway, I'm glad to have found this forum.  Good to see that there is a place to openly discuss this sort of thing.  Hope to see you soon.

Sal1981

Welcome.

Agnosticism and atheism can actually overlap, since they deal with 2 different positions. Agnosticism is a position of knowledge about the supernatural, while atheism is a position of belief of the supernatural.

Agnostic atheism then is the position of not having knowledge nor belief in the supernatural.

I'm aware of the traditional use of agnosticism as being "fence-sitting", but that isn't the case.

Fidel_Castronaut

To echo sal, I am an agnostic atheist, as are most people on this forum.

Welcome here, hope you stick around.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Sal1981

Just noticed I evolved to a coelacanth, lol

mnmelt

Jesus loves me but I still make him wear a condom

aitm

greetings heretic, may you burn well.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Plu

Welcome to the forums :)

stromboli

the_antithesis

NitzWalsh

Quote from: "the_antithesis"What's a god?

A fictional character passed off as real in an attempt to earn money or sexual favours.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

Lolilla

Quote from: "NitzWalsh"

A fictional character passed off as real in an attempt to earn money or sexual favours.

Or power.
Welcome!  :wink:
"I recently read The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, which ignited my interest in a scientific, mathematical version of the world. No, I'm not religious. At all. I'm an atheist." Matt Smith

StupidWiz

Hi, welcome to the forum.
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

NitzWalsh

Quote from: "Lolilla"
Quote from: "NitzWalsh"

Or power.
Welcome!  :wink:

First we get the money, then we get the power, then we get the women.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

The Non Prophet

Calling yourself simply an "Agnostic" is a dodge to the question of what you believe.

Gnosticism/Agnosticism addresses what you know while Atheism/Theism is a question of belief.

So if you say you're an "Agnostic" by itself, you very well could be a Theist as well in that scope.

Brian37

Be sure and barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off your mattress.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37