Popular Wedding Site Denied to Lesbian Couple In Upstate NY

Started by peacewithoutgod, November 23, 2015, 01:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peacewithoutgod

The Gifford family owns the Liberty Ridge Farm, a popular wedding site, which is located in the area of Albany NY. As a resident of the area I find this to be both shocking and embarrassing. Albany is the capital city of New York State, and while there are a few idiot evangelical churches around, prevailing attitudes of residents here are closer to the liberals of NYC than anywhere else in this State. I could not have imagined the godbotherers being arrogant enough to think they would get local support for another stupid test case for their religious and lawless tantrums, and I hope those who object to such behavior aren't too apathetic to rise and show the Giffords how disgusted they are to have their town associated with such bigots.
http://news10.com/2015/11/23/ny-farm-owners-who-denied-lesbian-couple-wedding-appeal/
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Baruch

Lots of small businesses feel they can refuse service to anyone for any reason.  I happen to think they are wrong, but it is expensive to sue over every case.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Baruch on November 23, 2015, 01:06:37 PM
Lots of small businesses feel they can refuse service to anyone for any reason.  I happen to think they are wrong, but it is expensive to sue over every case.
In NY, such discrimination is outlawed, and the farm is fighting a $13,000 fine. That makes these people particularly arrogant cultural bullies, and I hope it ruins them! Unjust discrimination actually is bullying, and there's none who I hate worse than bullies!
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Johan

Sadly, if the $13k fine prevails, they will likely receive 10x that much in donations. More and more often, refusing to serve gays is the most lucrative advertising decision a business owner can make.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful